Simple Simon

Default Faulty depth finder attributed to whale attack!!

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message ...
Its not that the ICW is poorly charted, its that the chart only has to be off by 100 feet
to put you on land. Its possible that the last time through SA was turned on for a while,
but I really had the feeling that several of the charts I was using was simply displaced
by 100 feet of so. So how often do you think the creeks in Georgia get re-surveyed?

For an article on the errors in Bimini, see:
http://www.bluewaterweb.com/news/9-01gps.htm

Your comments are inconsistent - first you say GPS "should never be relied on as sole
source" but you claim that you don't agree with "You should not rely on a GPS when using a
chart."

Seems to me that you just like to argue and you don't care whether you make any sense. At
least Neal sticks to one position, albeit usually wrong.

Like when I wrote that perhaps I should give you more credit for being a
real sailor? He he!

S.Simon