Wally

Default Crew lost!

Capt. Mooron wrote:

I was meaning the option to put down or not put down, rather than
the method of putting down.

The option is always there Wally..... the methods vary. Generally it
would mean in this context that the critter was a goner anyway,
eventually, so the choice was made for it. Go gentle into that good
night now... or rage against the dying of the light later.

Your use of "gentle" paints a picture of the vet's injection that isn't
neccessarily true.

Humane is an intent.... the reality is the outcome remains the same.
If the cat had learned to talk... it could have decided whether it
would rather die in a battle with an enraged pitbull or gently in
it's sleep having it's tummy rubbed and ear scratched.

Those two scenarios are polarised and don't really reflect the spread that
exists in reality.

Some Asian family is starving because they can't afford to buy a cat
or dog for supper and we're burying $1500 cats. Is there no justice?

Perhaps that would be better placed in a thread concerned with politcs and
economics.

--
Wally
www.makearatherlonglinkthattakesyounowhere.com