Simple Simon

Default Faulty depth finder attributed to whale attack!!

Yah, like you really need all those things in a little bay you can see across
and have never sailed anyplace else.

S.Simon

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message ...
As an aid to navigation... Yes.. I use a GPS..... along with the other
tools... chrono, compass, log, charts, sounder, radar.

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| You're joking of course. You're telling me that you rely
| on GPS as the only aid to navigation? There are many
| charts that are not accurate and haven't been so for years
| with no updates available.
|
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| Were did you dig up this crap Jon??? Learn how to enter correct datum
and
| save yourself further embarrassment.
|
| It's a good thing both you and Neal sail in protected waters with line
of
| sight navigation or there would be a lot less boats around.
|
| CM
|
| "Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| | You should not rely on a GPS when using a chart. It's a tool
| | only. It tells you nothing about your actual position relative to
| | actual obstructions. Charts are notoriously inaccurate and
| | don't match long/lat info.
| |
| | "Simple Simon" wrote in message
| | And, good morning to you, sir!
| |
| | With the advent of GPS and its accurate nature, plotting your
| | position on a chart is a more accurate method than using
| | depth readings and dead reckoning. It's that simple.
| |
| | S.Simon
| |
| |
| | "Thom Stewart" wrote in message
| | Good Morning Simple,
| |
| | Many of us SAILORS that sail among Whales use charts and depth
| finders
| | to get a location of exactly where we are on the chart. This is an
| | accepted practest in DED piloting.
| |
| | We finally got a nice cleaning rain last night and we have about
| 5mph
| | wind at the house here. Waiting for my dog to wake up. We'll
| probabilly
| | spend the day out on the water. The Pilothouse will come into
play.
| Nice
| | and dry and warm.
| |