Jeff Morris

Default Faulty depth finder attributed to whale attack!!

And all this time I believed you actually went sailing on occasion. Booby was right - you
never have left your mooring. Anyone with half a brain would understand that its
virtually impossible to move a boat across the surface of the water without leaving a
wake. And at any speed over, say, half of hull speed it would be quite noticeable.

-jeff, whose catamaran hulls have a 12:1 L/B ratio, and so leave a very small wake, indeed

"Simple Simon" wrote in message

"Shen44" wrote in message

.

Bullcrap .... at best, works only sometimes .... what does your wake tell you?

Snipped all Shen's drivel that does not apply to small sailing yachts
because it becomes very tedious to keep trying to explain to a person
unfamiliar with sailing over and over and over again.

However, I can't resist replying to the above because cabin boy
Shen thinks he can trap me with his stupid wake question.

Well, Boy Shen, I happen to know motor vessels squat when the
water becomes very shallow. Looking at a motorboat wake can tell
you if you're fixin' to run aground. However, this has nothing to do
with sailboats that are unaffected by this sort of squatting in shallow
water because they don't make a wake because of the hull design.

Duh!

S.Simon