Jonathan Ganz

Default Faulty depth finder attributed to whale attack!!

You're joking of course. You're telling me that you rely
on GPS as the only aid to navigation? There are many
charts that are not accurate and haven't been so for years
with no updates available.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Were did you dig up this crap Jon??? Learn how to enter correct datum and
save yourself further embarrassment.

It's a good thing both you and Neal sail in protected waters with line of
sight navigation or there would be a lot less boats around.

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| You should not rely on a GPS when using a chart. It's a tool
| only. It tells you nothing about your actual position relative to
| actual obstructions. Charts are notoriously inaccurate and
| don't match long/lat info.
|
| "Simple Simon" wrote in message
| And, good morning to you, sir!
|
| With the advent of GPS and its accurate nature, plotting your
| position on a chart is a more accurate method than using
| depth readings and dead reckoning. It's that simple.
|
| S.Simon
|

| "Thom Stewart" wrote in message
| Good Morning Simple,
|
| Many of us SAILORS that sail among Whales use charts and depth

finders
| to get a location of exactly where we are on the chart. This is an
| accepted practest in DED piloting.
|
| We finally got a nice cleaning rain last night and we have about

5mph
| wind at the house here. Waiting for my dog to wake up. We'll
probabilly
| spend the day out on the water. The Pilothouse will come into play.
Nice