DSK

Default Killing Pets

"John Cairns" wrote...
| Food. Besides, farmers don't torture the animal before they kill it, do
| they?

That depends on your political orientation. Some folks claim they do....

"Capt. Mooron" wrote:
What does that have to do with the price of tea in china? We weren't
discussing torture... the subject is killing animals. Why is one animal
subject to more rights than another?

Because we can talk, and they can't.

Plus we have opposable thumbs.....

Now you want to talk about torturing animals... think about 3 hens to a
cubic foot cage with their beaks trimmed and fed to a clock while they lay
your breakfast. Eat much Veal? Ever toured a slaughterhouse? Everyday
animals die horrible deaths for our table.....

Yep... the trend is towards higher volume production at lower cost... although
with shipping cost so low, I don't see why we haven't turned (say for example)
the former Yugoslavia into a huge open range chicken farm... now that would be
a high return on capital..... but it would be somewhat cruel to the former
Yugoslavians....

and Simon sheds tears for a
sick cat put down gently to prevent further suffering.

Simon is clearly in the throes of dementia from senility!

No, he's just plain dumber than a doorknob. Just look at what he has to say
about sailing, fer gosh sake!

DSK