DSK

Default Dire Yank boats

Jens Adolphsson wrote:

Everyone here knows who are the quality manufacturers of boats. Even
though they are made thousands of miles away you lot talk about Swans,
Halberg-Rasseys, Malos, X-Yachts, Moodys, Oysters. See anything in
common with that list of manufacturers? All European.

How about Morris, Hinckley, Carroll, New Orleans Marine, Melges Boat
Works, Holby, Goetz, the list goes on and on.

On our discussion boards and newsgroups in Europe we don't talk about
Yank made
boats much, because there are so few of them here.

That's because there are more rich Americans who can afford to import
European yachts than there are rich Europeans who can afford an expensive
American yacht... and pay the insufferable tariffs.

.... What
sort of goon thinks carpet is a suitable lining for a boat?

What sort of goon thinks it isn't?

Perhaps in
Florida it never rains and you never go sailing in any kind of sea
where there might be any spray, but here, our boats get wet, even on
the inside occasionally. Mmm, bet carpet is nice after it has got damp
and festered for a bit.

Here is America, we have the technology to dry our boats out.
Occasionally, we even clean them. This is literally a foreign concept,
isn't it? Do the words even exist in your native language?

Js - the only half decent Yank boats that make it to Europe. More
expensive and not as nice as the X-Yachts, to which they are similar.
Result, lots of X-Yachts here, not many Js.

You don't know much, do you. J-boats are built by Tillotson-Pearson, along
with many other 'brands' of boat and other molded components.

Does anybody else think the author of this ill-informed rant is actually
somebody we've seen before (and unfortunately will again)?

DSK