DMU

Default Ford 351 OMC Taking on Water (Water in oil)

Bill,

A lot of good input. I will be busy this Saturday looking in to all this.
The Engine has only 212 hours on it, also a 1993. 4 years ago I did
have 2 freeze plugs blow out. I replaced them with the marine type.
The boat has been out several times since then. It has only been in
salt water once. Rest of the time it has been lake or river ran. The oil
gets changed every season, but this year water is filling up the sump fast
after only running it for a hour or so. I have pumped out a couple
gallons of sludge so far, and there is still more to go. My intake will be
pressure tested soon for leaks. I appreciate the time.

Thanks You

Dave

"Wildest Dream" wrote in message
et...
That would explain why all the piston tops are clean too, check that

intake
manifold out good, if it leaked to the inside of the fuel air chamber it
would go to all pistons, my block froze last winter and I have the 351,

1993
and the only thing that happened was the core plugs blew out. They do have

big oil cooler on them that could be a remote possibility, I don't think

it
is though, my oil cooler blew out and it looked fine inside on the water

and
oil side (I soldered it back together, no problems) and I ride in only

salt
water. I didn't read what u ride in? I was going to change the risers and
exhaust manifolds this yr. only about 400 hrs. on motor. If that water

pump
is solid on the back and has just the 2 water passages I could see a

problem
there, at gasket or pump housing as it looks as the back comes in contact
with the oil. was it allot of water in the oil? well it sounds like u are
getting allot of good remarks, GL figuring it out, I'm just a shade tree
auto. mech. trying to help. In NJ

"Bill Sheffield" wrote in message
You say that the boat is stored outside..... I have seen a lot of boats

that
have water in the oil. Sometimes it is caused by rain water leaking into

the
motor box and running down the carb. Check this possibility before you

go
any further....

Bill