Capt. Mooron

Default It's OFFICIAL....

"Vito" wrote in message
| Glad to hear you and Overproof came away unharmed. Having barely dodged
| Isabel I'm truly very sorry about the other folks misfortune. Some
| things can't really be replaced. But life goes on and perhaps some day
| your chicken coup may be steeped in history as a survivor of the
| hurricane of '03. Speaking of which,
| what happened to your "ladies" when the door blew open. Somebody said
| half were lost .. )c:

A good measure of Luck.... 3 churches full of praying pulpits of people....
attention to detail with the best prep I could do considering the warning
time of 6 hours.... and mucho Karma from helping out every single person I
could to secure and batten down for the onslaught. Lots of people got
complacent and paid a high price for the gamble. A friend lost his boat
....[sank] despite the fact I called to confirm he had taken precautions.. he
laughed and said it would hit Mahone Bay so he wasn't too worried. He's got
insurance.

Livestock losses = 2 guinea hens and 1 Leghorn where removed by Juan when
the birds decided to venture out of the coop. Roll call showed 6 guinea fowl
and 9 hens left.. Hard boiled eggs to all the neighbors while the power was
out [propane stove]. Lost about $500 in meat due to the freezer going down.
Picked up a half side of pig yesterday [traded for lettering a truck]. Also
got two pig's heads for "head cheese"... I hate the stuff but the senior
neighbours line up to get a tub when my Mom makes it. Go Figure...

It's taking longer to recover than I anticipated. We lost over 30 big trees
on the property and countless smaller ones. The chainsaw has been getting a
workout. I'll move the boat back here next weekend.

CM