The_navigator©

Default Crew lost!

My lovely Minxy is gone and I miss her. Her brother has cried for her
for days but now, but even he has had to accept that she will never answer.

On reflection I suppose it might have happened in another way: Her love
of the outside combined with avoidence/refusal to wear a harness, a dark
stormy night, wet decks and rogue seas. With no life jackjet on (the
jacket count would show that she was not wearing one) her survival time
in cold water would not be long. It is likely that a jacket would merely
delay the inevitable. In the dark she would not be easily seen -even
from the air.

But back to hard reality, her rapid loss of sight left me with but one
hard decision -I could not bear to see her unable to play or move freely
so I chose a warm quiet end for her -rather that than the cruel unseen
wheels of a car or cold, smothering embrace of the sea.

MC