Joe

Default First in 60 years

We picked up a shrimp net and set of doors at an estate sell. Small
net only a 20 foot opening and the doors are only 2 foot by 3 foot
most shrimpers call them "try nets". Tossed them over the stern just
sailing Jig & Jigger in 8kts wind, making 1-2kts dragging and 45
minutes later we had 10 pounds of big shrimp and a few keeper
Flounders. So I figure I can make 75 dollars an hour sailing and fill
my freezer in a few trips. We are most likely the first sailboat to
drag for shrimp in 60+ years.

If you tried this in LIS I wonder what you would catch?.

I think it's an advantage to use sail because the net is not directly
behind the boat, but 25-30 degrees abaft the beam, lets you sneek up
on the little buggers. Only dis-advantage is you are severly
restricted in your ability to change course.

Joe
MSV RedCloud