SkitchNYC

Default Fischer Panda Owner's Forum

I replaced my 4200 with a NextGen 3.5 Kw unit (www.nextgenerationpower.com)
that utilizes a Kubota engine and other parts that are available anywhere.
For
me, being able to repair it anywhere is a key issue.

Reading this dummies account shows he failed to do his homework. His attack
on
the company is a long standing and rather odd affair.
Worth reading for laughs. There's a 48 foot ketch at my Marina with a Panda
and
they never had a problem.

RB

As usual, you pipe up without any knowledge of the situation. Fischer Panda
makes a number of models and the 4 (along with others - it seems only the 8
works) is WIDELY known to be a poor design, with many complaints about it by
people who are out there trying to use it. Your knowledge is limited to glossy
magazines which take FP's ad dollars, so you wouldn't know any of this. For
example, try:

http://www.sailcharbonneau.com/FischerPandaFails.htm

There are many others.