J. Allan

Default Water to gybe?

"ChrisJ" wrote in message
"J. Allan" wrote in message

THANKS

Excellent description...... now all I need to do is to read it out to
the Outside / Starboard tack yacht at the time of the next incident
:-)

If you're up against a skipper who doesn't understand rule 18 continuing
obstructions

Hail early and often

"I need room at the continuing obstruction"

"You must give me room for the continuing obstruction"

"Don't luff you must give me room for the continuing obstruction"

"I'm gybing you must give me room for the continuing obstruction"

"You must give me room to pass the point"

Keep it simple and don't try to explain difficult rules to a mug on the
water.

If you're getting closed out:

"Protest" (and fly the bloody flag)

then slow down, back out of the sandwich, and off you go, blanketing
your opponent as you go.

John