David Webb

Default 1983 America's Cup challengers - Where are the yachts?

Hi,

I've recently been searching for 1983 America's Cup memorabilia and
was reading a book on the 1983 America's Cup. It lead me to wonder
what happened to the challenging yachts such as Challenge 12, Victory
83, Defender, Azura. Also, the defending yacht Liberty as well as
Freedom and Defender. I was recently in the south of england and I'm
sure I saw Victory 83 in a yard at Portsmouth - could this be correct?

I'm just curious what happened to these yachts - I know Australia II
is now in a maritime museum in Western Australia.

Any info to satisfy my curiosity would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,

David.