Tony Thomas

Default johnson, actually mercury

Any boat can have the engine swapped later for a larger motor. However,
cost to swap vs getting the right engine up front is tremendous.

--
Tony
my boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"Mad Dog" wrote in message
My bad...what i thought was a johnson is actually a mercury 45/classic 50.
the dealer has installed new coils,trigger,powerpack and rebuilt the

carbs.
i was getting the impression that johnson was a bad choice because of the
lack
of popularity for OMC.
Any opinions or advice on this motor would be appreciated.
i feel better now knowing it's a mercury and the dealer indicated that
upgrading
to a bigger motor later was possible after we learn boating safety and

feel
confident on the waterways.
--
george & lynn