Dan Krueger

Default Boat insurance questions

The Dry Tortugas is a US national park and, therefore, US waters. The Bahamas
are not. You should have asked about Puerto Rico or Guam. I wonder what their
rule book says about that, provided you can enter those areas without crossing
another country's territorial waters.

Next stop -- St. Croix!

Dan

Selective quoting follows...

NOYB wrote:

Boat/US seems like the company that I'll probably remain with thanks to this
well-thought-out response. The only thing that perplexes me is why they
would cover me on a trip to the Dry Tortugas (100+ miles), and not to the
Bahamas (approx. 50 miles from mainland US). Truth be told, I'll probably
not do either unless I repower...but I sure appreciated a decent answer to
the hypothetical.

The cruising limits portion of the binder states: "U.S. Atlantic Coastal
Waters including Florida-Atlantic and Gulf coastal and inland waters
tributary thereto of the U.S. and Canada between St. John, New Brunswick

and

Mobile, Alabama, inclusive."

So I called them and asked "how far out can I go? What is considered
*coastal* waters?"

The agent replied that I could go out as far as I'd like as long as I

didn't

enter another country's terratorial waters.