paul k

Default (Donzi / Formula) Arronow boat design question?

I am looking at a boat to purchase it is a 1970 17' Formula. The hull
and shear line look very similar (identical to me) to a 16' or 18
Donzi. The interior layout is totally different the Formula is set up
as a walk through bow rider.

I know Don Arronow had a hand in both companies and was wondering how
similar these boats' performance might be. Can anyone offer any
details on the 17' Formula? I have never seen this model before. Is it
rarely seen because it was a poor performer so not many were sold?
Since I can't test drive this boat (no trailer) I'm mostly concerned
with the handling #1 and performance #2 (power +165 Merc i/o)before I
make the purchase.

Any information that can be provided will be appreciated.