NOYB

Default Boat insurance questions

"JR North" wrote in message
Let's put this in perspective. Do you actually *plan* to go
to the Bahamas?

Perhaps. Definitely not without adding a 15 hp kicker.

The reason for the limitations on the policy
is that small, single engined boats traveling alone tend to
get into trouble.

What kind of trouble? If it's engine trouble, then why don't they put the
same restrictions on single screw trawlers? If it's bad weather/rough seas,
then I'd bet my 25' Boston Whaler Outrage Cuddy would handle 'em better than
a 26' bow-rider or deck boat...but they would "qualify" according to Boat
US.

The insurance companies don't care about
*you*, they care about averages and trends.

Would I be less likely to file for a loss if my boat was 1 foot bigger?

They're a little
edgy about boats stored in coastal marinas? Wonder why....

It was State Farm that wouldn't write the policy based upon where I'm
storing it. Boat US didn't care where it was stored (unless, of course, I
took it to the Bahamas).

I understand your point; the robotic illogic would annoy me,
too. But the policy sounds ok otherwise.
At least BoatUS is solid and reliable. Going somewhere else
might be a crap shoot.

Agreed, but I'm still going to look.

Does anybody have experience with Progressive?