Daedalus

Default A Review of Bob's Summer Sailing Plans....

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:58:32 -0300, "Capt. Mooron"
, wrote:

Let us hark back to the sweet air of spring time and Bob's summer plans on
his new boat...

We plan to take Spindrift on longer trips. Mystic and Block Island 1st, then
the Around LI race.
One of the trips we're thinking of doing is a Nowhere-Trip. This is
something
some of my sailing buddies have done, taking their boats straight out into
the
Atlantic, losing sight of land, then making their way back. I'm told we'll
see
new sea conditions and enjoy a "special feeling" when well offshore. But
some
of my friends feel this is silly. They say "go somewhere" and have fun. But
they've done crossings and probably take certain things for granted.
A sail to nowhere sounds like fun! We plan to do this mid-summer. How many
days
till one loses sight of land???
Thoughts on this are appreciated.

I get the impression you wish you were invited to be his cabin boy.

Jade

Capt RB
C&C 32
NY