Bruce

Default Fuel Tank Clog....Please help!!

Sounds like your pickup tube is screwed

--
Bruce
99 White WJ 4x4 Select Trac
89 YJ
03 Liberty Ltd L.O.S.T #000256
90 XJ6 Sovereign

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Doug Trowbridge" wrote in message

gy.com...
I have a 1976 17' Galaxy with what looks to be about a 25 gallon

aluminum
tank mounted up front. The previous owner was using a portable tank

for
the boat because there is a clog from the other tank.

Here is what I have done-
-Tried to blow (just by mouth) back through the tank (did not work)
-Removed the hose on both ends and made sure that is clear by blowing
through it (it is fine)
-removed the nozzle that screws in the tank and replaced the one it

had
with a new one (the old one had some kind of a flow back preventer on

it)
-Tried removing the tank (boy thats a job) I spent about 4 hours on

trying
to get it out, but the way the boat deck is laid out it probably wont be
able to come out without many hours more work.
-I have drained all the fuel out of the tank that I could, it is still
clogged.
-I thought that maybe if there was some kind of a line flushing fluid

that
you would suggest that would be great!! The problem is in the tank

itself.
I dont really want to start jamming a coat hanger in there down the line

(I
can see when I move it to the hole where the gas cap is normally) ( I

have
the tank loose in there still) There seems to be a screen type unit in

the
tube, I think it belongs there?? I am willing to punch through it down

the
tube but I just want some support on doing that first.

Right now I have it hooked to a hose and I am trying to run some Carb
Cleaner back down through it to see if that will remove the problem.

Thanks,
Doug

I think ultimately, you are on the right track. I think you'll have to
take the tank out to do a good enough job where you won't have any
more problems. I'd take the tank out, take it to a radiator shop, have
it dipped in there acid tank to remove any crud, then have it pressure
tested to ensure no leaks.