Simple Simon

Default The Bent Boom

Hey, Booby what you don't seem to understand is at the end
of my boom there's a stainless steel tang to which I can attach
a block and tackle so I can easily fit end-boom sheeting in heavy
weather. This should be the case on all boats with mid-boom
sheeting. Is your boat equipped with end-boom sheeting options?

Probably not!

I rest my case.

S.Simon - I know it ALL!

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
Thanks!! You just saved me $1000! I was about to order a kit to replace
my transom mounted traveller, et al, with a mid-boom rig like the one
shown bending Capt. Neal's boom!

Coronado was a very cheap builder, probably the poorest of them all. What
happened to Neal's boom is an indication of how these boats should be avoided,
even as starter boats.
Neal's solution...glue to hunks of defective metal back together and re-enforce
them at the expense of greater weight. Not exactly an ideal long term solution.
It's a novice repair at best.
As for mid boom sheeting. My C&C 32 has it. If I planned to keep the boat
longer, I'd probably change it to the superior end boom set-up.

RB