matt colie

Default Engines going out

Flounder,
Tell me if you looked twice when you saw the 5 engine version. I sure did.

To some others posting:
I am told be a friend that is an airline wrench that all 747 have the
transport keystone (thing the pylon mounts to) plate in one wing
typically port - some were special ordered with it starboard, but he saw
no indication for both sides.

The extra engine has to be fitted with fairingson the ends and has not
provision to be fueled.

Those things are much too big to actually fly.

Matt Colie A.Sloop "Bonne Ide'e"

Flounder wrote:
Did you know a 747 can carry five engines. There's an extra inner pylon
mount on the port wing for ferrying engines.

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

"Von Fourche" wrote in
hlink.net:

What are the chances of one engine going out in a 747 during
flight?

Depends

I'm not talking about an engine falling off the jet, but just stop
working. Also, what are the chances of two, three, and four engines
going out? What about the two jet engines on a 777?

Remote.

Bertie

?Just wondering

what the odds were.