Flounder

Default Radio question

There's a layer of air on the surface of the water that has a difference in
temperature in the air above it. The permitivitty (index of refraction) of
the two layers of air are different. The difference is in the thousandth
decimal place. Because of the difference in the permitivitty a radio wave
striking the upper layer at or below the Brewster angle experiences total
internal reflection. The wave becomes trapped between the water and the
second air layer. Part of the wave does travel in the second layer, at the
boundary. That is the evanescent wave. That is also the type of wave that
allows your prism binoculars to work. The wave also travels at two different
velocities in the two air layers.
So, looking at the transmitting antenna as an isotropic radiator at 150 MHz,
the layer height at 30 meters how many modes propagate on the sea surface?

"The Captains Master" wrote in message
news
\
Umm yeah, but I asked if YOU could explain it in English.
I didn't want a direction to the webpage you used to get the stuff you
don't understand either.

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:10:34 GMT, "Flounder"
wrote:

www.physics.gatech.edu/gcuo/UltrafastOptics/ PhysicalOptics/Class08.ppt

"The Captains Master" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 19:43:38 GMT, "Flounder"
wrote:

Evanescent surface wave at the Brewster angle.

WTF, you wanna try that in English!......if you can.....

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.