Bobsprit

Default shopping pains

Personally, aesthetics aside, I don't think cats are a logical choice.
For what a big cruising cat costs, you can get & outfit a mono that is
bigger, roomier, faster, more seaworthy, with centerboard or lifting
keel, and the only thing you gain with the cat is no heeling.

I have a friend who's delievered several (4) big cats transatlantic. With
experienced crews, he said the motion of the cats was horrible and some
seasoned sailors got sea sick for the 1st time in their lives. He feels they
are best as coastal cruisers and not true sea boats.

RB