Flounder

Default Radio question

Check out the HAM transmission records from Hawaii to the mainland.
Impressive.

"Vito" wrote in message
Wally wrote:

Bobsprit claims to have made a VHF transmission of over 40nm. ...
Would anyone care to comment on the veracity of Bobsprit's claim?

When it comes to radio, I've seen too many things that can't happen
actually occur that I'd never, ever doubt a report based on technical
improbability. Eg,I was monitoring a 2-meter (147 MHz) ham repeater here
in VA awhile back when a local QSO from Argentina came booming into my
handheld. Of course they couldn't hear me but the real oddity is that
other hams monitoring the same freq just a few miles away never heard
them!