Wally

Default Weather Looks Good!

Bobsprit wrote:
I had steady contact with a friend beyond Huntington for a
while, so I'd put average range at 20-30 miles.

You talk to people who have masts that are about 250 feet high?

Just about any text I can find lists typical ranges as 5-25 miles,

The range over the horizon is highly dependent on the heights of the
antennae. A couple of twigs at 50 feet have a l-o-s range of a little over
16nm. I'm doubtful that said twigs could 'typically' reach 25nm. However, if
said twigs were each about 100-120 above the water, on ships, say, then 25
miles might be typical.

You, however, claim an *average* of 20-30 miles. The fact that some
situations can produce a typical range of 25 miles in no way substantiates
your claim.

--
Wally
www.makearatherlonglinkthattakesyounowhere.com