Jeff Morris

Default Weather Looks Good!

Please explain to us how to determine the "radio horizon doofus." How is this different
from the "visual horizon doofus"?

Flounder wrote:
It's not the rig that determines range, it's the radio horizon doofus.

Does your handheld make 30 miles? If not what's wrong with it?

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
We may sail further up and my radio really has amazing range. From
Execution Rocks I was able to speak to someone at Morris Cove
without too much trouble.

How do you know they heard you? Did they have an amazing radio
also?

I was able to reach a fellow on a Columbia 36 who had initially
alerted me that there was a guest mooring open. We spoke on channel
9, tried to switch to 68, but there was too much chatter there.
If your rig can't make 30 miles or more, something's wrong.

RB