Bobsprit

Default Weather Looks Good!

How is it that you can have a conversation from Execution Rocks to Morris
Cove using your rig with "amazing range", when the other radio is,
presumably, a standard output?

The fellow at Morris cove had a hell of a radio...a very expensive Icom with a
whip at the his masthead. I heard him with some static. somewhat faint. He
apparently heard me better, loud, but said my signal got chopped a few times.
Making a 40-50 mile shout on a VHF is possible. I reach beyond Huntington with
ease where a friend keeps his Cape Dory. His cheap Uniden barely reaches me
however.

RB