Wildest Dream

Default My alt. belt breaks alot Help please

I think it was just over revving, just had it out yesterday and it worked
great, didn't rev it past 2000 on startup, think I will adj. the choke and
see if it runs better, should be easier startup anyway. Thanks

"Wildest Dream" wrote in message
news
don't think the load is a problem everything is off when it happens, or

when
I notice. the heaviest draw would be the trim and tabs. Thanks
"Joe Blizzard" wrote in message
news
"Wildest Dream" wrote
especially being it has to be so tight

Do you have a particularly heavy electrical load on your DC system? We

tend
to think of the alternator as just a roundy-roundy gadget, but it's

actually
capable of transferring a good deal of power from the engine to the

wires
by
way of that little belt. Combine a heavy load with a somewhat damaged or
misaligned or mis-sized pulley and you could maybe possibly under just

the
right circumstances have a recipe for excessive wear.