Wally

Default Stanchion base backing plates

Capt. Mooron wrote:
"Wally" wrote in message

Since I'm not experienced with the type of paints you are using...
that would be difficult to advise on Wally. Generally I would try
feather, paint and antifoul... in that order. How thick is the paint
or it's application that would suggest the requirement for
feathering? Maybe several layers of thin, diluted applications onto a
feathered surface will get the required results.

It's not so much the feathering that's the question (I reckon three coats of
each), but whether I should paint to a little below the waterline first,
then antifoul on top, or antifoul a little above the waterline first, then
paint. I reckon paint first, then antifoul, but thought it would be wise to
ask.

I don't think there's a problem with the anti-foul going on top of the
paint, although I could try a little test first - I had originally just
sanded the old paint smooth to prep for priming, but, when I went to wash
the dust off by wiping down with thinners proper to the primer, I found that
the old paint was softening (so I took it back to the wood).

--
Wally
www.makearatherlonglinkthattakesyounowhere.com