Wally

Default Stanchion base backing plates

CANDChelp wrote:
1/8th inch thick plates will suffice in S/S on your sized vessel. Use
a thick epoxy to "back" the plates onto a curved surface.. slightly
tighten the plate so the uncured epoxy

Care to actually aid the fellow and tell him what kind of epoxy?

Would a 'marine' epoxy be a suitable material? One with 'thick' written on
the tin? (As opposed to 'thin and runny'.) By 'thick', I take it that Mooron
means something that would be suitable as a filler, given that the idea is
to fill the gap between a flat plate and a slightly curved ceiling.

Anyway, what should I do about the paint/antifoul on the rudder? Paint
first, feather the edge and then antifoul over it, or antifoul first,
feather, and paint over the edge of the antifoul?

--
Wally
www.makearatherlonglinkthattakesyounowhere.com