Capt. Mooron

Default Trip Report: Boston to Vineyard (Long)

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message
| Cape Cod Canal and Wood's Hole are not places to hesitate, but I must
confess that before
| GPS and Radar, I paused several times before entering a new harbor.
There's nothing like
| being sure of where you are!

I concur.... a pause to double check and a cautious entry even with radar
and GPS. That is much different to "several passes" to ascertain he had the
correct harbour ... let alone the approach with Radar & GPS!!

The biggest fault I would find in Booby's adventure is
| planning to arrive at 2AM for a first time entrance to a harbor he
considers treacherous.

His biggest mistake was the complete lack of forethought and planning.
Overconfidence in his own abilities prior to the trip and serious doubts
about his abilities during the trip. It was fortunate for Bob this Thimble
Trip was undertaken entirely in protected, well marked waters.... even so
he had difficulties. It was a shoddy display of seamanship and failed
miserably to back any claims of ability to handle a vessel on his part.

He's upset with me now.... as if I was responsible for his ignorance and
slack assed attitude! Typical!!

CM