paul cooke

Default [OT] computer viruses - was Is this group about sailing?

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 21:50:01 +0100, Pete Verdon wrote:

Peter J Ross wrote:

I still insist that there's no intuitive Windoze newsreader for the
masses that's as good as KNode

XNews. That's what I used to use, and when I switched to Knode after
ditching Windows there were several things I missed. Knode *still* doesn't
have the ability to add arbitrary headers, and its followup-to behaviour is
constantly irritating. XNews did everything, and its defaults encouraged
newbies to Do The Right Thing, but without insisting on it and reducing
flexibility. Usenet would be a much better place if XNews was the default
newsreader on Windows.

40tude dialog is not too shabby either...

http://www.40tude.com/dialog/

Freeware for personal use, shareware for commercial...

and it runs fine in Linux with the aid of WINE

Pete

--
Has your ms-windows computer been turned into a SPAM server???
http://www.computerweekly.com/Article123378.htm