Peter J Ross

Default [OT] computer viruses - was Is this group about sailing?

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 21:50:01 +0100, a team of surgeons from
alt.sailing.asa removed the following benign growth from Pete Verdon:

Peter J Ross wrote:

I still insist that there's no intuitive Windoze newsreader for the
masses that's as good as KNode

XNews.

XNews is excellent, but hardly intuitive for newbies used to typical
Windoze apps.

That's what I used to use, and when I switched to Knode after
ditching Windows there were several things I missed. Knode *still* doesn't
have the ability to add arbitrary headers, and its followup-to behaviour is
constantly irritating. XNews did everything, and its defaults encouraged
newbies to Do The Right Thing, but without insisting on it and reducing
flexibility. Usenet would be a much better place if XNews was the default
newsreader on Windows.

If only! But I'd be content if only Microsoft made a few small,
obvious improvements to OE (signature placement, quoting etc).

--
PJR :-)
mhm34x8
http://www.petitmorte.net/pjr/
http://www.pjr-online.co.uk/
"I am frequently brain-damaged" - Tom Bishop