Doug Kanter

Default OT--So many great headlines I can't decide which one to post

Here. I'll help. Excerpts from a longer article. This is YOUR chimp at work:

"The White House has promised its full cooperation, but Mr. Bush said this
week that he had doubts about whether investigators would catch the leaker.

"I don't know," Mr. Bush said, "if we're going to find out the senior
administration official" who told Robert Novak, as Mr. Novak wrote in his
syndicated column in July, that Valerie Plame, the wife of former Ambassador
Joseph C. Wilson IV, was a C.I.A. employee. Mr. Wilson was a critic of the
administration's Iraq policies.

"Senator Frank R. Lautenberg, Democrat of New Jersey, said in an interview
that the comments threatened to undermine the inquiry by lowering
expectations.

"If the president says, `I don't know if we're going to find this person,'
what kind of a statement is that for the president of the United States to
make?" Mr. Lautenberg asked. "Would he say that about a bank-robbery
investigation? He should be as indignant as everybody else is over this
breach."

Mr. Wilson said Mr. Bush "certainly seems far less certain about finding the
leaker than he is about finding Osama bin Laden or Saddam Hussein."