Scout

Default Church & State...

If you feel it's an attack.... maybe you should try and understand why

* You are 100% correct! Yet we are also accused attacking, unprovoked, and
I don't hear many outside the U.S. offering us the same courtesy you
propose.

| don't believe Canada has come anywhere close in volume, regarding
| immigrants, nor has she had her infrastructure taxed to accommodate so
many
| so quickly, for so long.
On a per capita basis... that's not correct. I believe the opposite is

true.
*That's coming dangerously close to using statistics to prove something that
isn't obvious otherwise, and we all know what that ugly American Twain said
about that! What would you say is the Canadian equivalent to our Statue of
Liberty? When did this mass immigration happen? Why did so many Europeans
chose America over Canada?

Furthermore, the U.S. has paved the way for much of
| your established comforts and freedoms, in much the same way that union
| workers make life better for their non-union counterparts.

Pardon Me??? where the hell did you come by that notion? You established
nothing for us... we've done this and not at your discretion, nor

* You've heard the words "no man is an island?" Neither is Canada. What
happened next door to you sure as hell did have an effect on your own
political outcome. You may recall we served the same crown for a time. We
didn't care for it. We fought it. Canada is a better place for it.
Furthermore, I think England and France became better places for it. That's
my opinion, as I've stated previously, but I think I could develop that into
a fairly convincing and supported thesis. This is not a slight against
Canadians either, it's just the way things worked out.

Unions.... Bah! You're unions slipped in where if they hadn't..
other unions could have been formed in Canada.

I'm confused here, I was using labor unions as an analogy. I have seen first
hand, how non-union workers have enjoyed increased salary and benefits for
no other reason than to keep unions out of a work place. By that reasoning,
non-union workers reap the benefits of the union struggle, and all without
lifting so much as a finger. That pattern is not restricted to labor.

How can you be so ignorant of Canadian history. We've been a Commonwealth
Country since Inception. There was no revolution here. We appropriated the
BNA legally. We still have close ties with the British Crown.

* I could rephrase your question and say how can you be so ignorant of human
behavior?
I'm no expert on Canadian politics, but I'm not completely in the dark
either. What are you calling 'Inception?' 1867? Nearly 100 years after our
Revolution? My point being that the rule of the crown softened much after
the U.S. affair. For Canadians to remain under the rule of the crown until
1931, and not have full independence until that recently, is surely a sign
of a kinder, more gentle crown. Do you think they just woke up one morning
and decided to be nice to the colonists? That's like saying we have the
civil rights amendment here because we suddenly realized some Americans were
being treated unfairly. Sounds good, but it didn't happen that way.

Quebecois are out version of Americans... so in effect you can dish it

out
but not take it eh?

* Oh we can take it Baby! And don't kid yourself, you'd make a great
American! Hey, with all that drinking and pot-smoking, geez, you could be
one of my cousins!

No.. we don't want to do that... Americans are generally liked up here.
It's your collective behaviour that is a cause for concern. We feel quite
free to point it out to you.. and that's not based out of fear... it's
family.

* Likewise, I'm glad we share this common freedom! I've handed my own
brother much sharper criticism than I've offered here. I think, I hope, what
you are really saying is that you don't approve of our leaders, at least at
this point in time. As for most Americans, most are working too hard to feel
superior, or inferior for that matter, to anyone. I really think that
feeling is being projected unfairly onto us. I mean, if we felt superior
wouldn't we know we felt that way? Seems like it would be impossible to not
be conscious of it.