Capt. Mooron

Default Church & State...

"Scout" wrote in message
| CM,
| What superiority complex? Many of us feel under constant attack and
| criticism by our lessers. (oh right, that superiority complex).

If you feel it's an attack.... maybe you should try and understand why it's
so constant and focused. It's like you are stepping on someone's foot and
claiming he's screaming at nothing instead of looking down to see what
you're doing.

| Anyway, I've never claimed that the U.S. was the only melting pot. But I
| don't believe Canada has come anywhere close in volume, regarding
| immigrants, nor has she had her infrastructure taxed to accommodate so
many
| so quickly, for so long.

On a per capita basis... that's not correct. I believe the opposite is true.

Furthermore, the U.S. has paved the way for much of
| your established comforts and freedoms, in much the same way that union
| workers make life better for their non-union counterparts.

Pardon Me??? where the hell did you come by that notion? You established
nothing for us... we've done this and not at your discretion, nor
permission. Unions.... Bah! You're unions slipped in where if they hadn't..
other unions could have been formed in Canada.

Do you really
| suppose Western Europe would have been so easy on the reigns had the U.S.
| not given them serious cause to pause? I think the various monarchs went
| back and revised their play books after the U.S. Revolution, so as to not
| lose all. Of course, that is just my opinion, but I see plenty of evidence
| in human behavior to support it.

How can you be so ignorant of Canadian history. We've been a Commonwealth
Country since Inception. There was no revolution here. We appropriated the
BNA legally. We still have close ties with the British Crown.

| I think most Americans are happy to have you as a neighbor. We want you to
| like Canada, to be proud of Canada, and no offense, but to stay there
except
| for the occasional friendly visit. We (most of us) like your country, and
| with the exception of the incredible rudeness of Quebeckers who visit us
| relentlessly and bless us with their pushy, arrogant mannerisms, and who,
by
| the way, are shining examples of people with attitude for no reason and
| superiority complexes, we like you.

Quebecois are out version of Americans... so in effect you can dish it out
but not take it eh?

| Honestly.
| Now stop laughing at us or you'll get the evil eye, you know, the look,
and
| you don't want that do ye?

No.. we don't want to do that... Americans are generally liked up here.
It's your collective behaviour that is a cause for concern. We feel quite
free to point it out to you.. and that's not based out of fear... it's
family.

CM