Scout

Default Church & State...

In college I was privy to a private debate between two of my professors. All
I wanted was to get a form signed but ended up in their office, hearing this
impromptu deliberation (they very nearly came to blows) about whether the
U.S. would have been better off had the Revolution not occurred.
Thanks for the suggestion too, I'll look for the book.
--
Scout
"Knowing the storm is coming only makes me more nervous."

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message

Scout wrote:

snip I think the various monarchs went
back and revised their play books after the U.S. Revolution, so as to

not
lose all. Of course, that is just my opinion, but I see plenty of

evidence
in human behavior to support it.snip

See if you can lay hands on a gorgeous little book: Cammager,
Henry Steele and Giordanetti, Elmo (1967) "Was America a mistake?
an eighteenth-century controversy" Harper & Row. Library of
COngress Cat card 67-21563

From the viewpoint of Europe, a mistake it was indeed!!!! And
there was very hasty revision, much good it did the Bourbons.

--
Flying Tadpole

Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com