Scout

Default Church & State...

CM,
What superiority complex? Many of us feel under constant attack and
criticism by our lessers. (oh right, that superiority complex).
Anyway, I've never claimed that the U.S. was the only melting pot. But I
don't believe Canada has come anywhere close in volume, regarding
immigrants, nor has she had her infrastructure taxed to accommodate so many
so quickly, for so long. Furthermore, the U.S. has paved the way for much of
your established comforts and freedoms, in much the same way that union
workers make life better for their non-union counterparts. Do you really
suppose Western Europe would have been so easy on the reigns had the U.S.
not given them serious cause to pause? I think the various monarchs went
back and revised their play books after the U.S. Revolution, so as to not
lose all. Of course, that is just my opinion, but I see plenty of evidence
in human behavior to support it.
I think most Americans are happy to have you as a neighbor. We want you to
like Canada, to be proud of Canada, and no offense, but to stay there except
for the occasional friendly visit. We (most of us) like your country, and
with the exception of the incredible rudeness of Quebeckers who visit us
relentlessly and bless us with their pushy, arrogant mannerisms, and who, by
the way, are shining examples of people with attitude for no reason and
superiority complexes, we like you.
Honestly.
Now stop laughing at us or you'll get the evil eye, you know, the look, and
you don't want that do ye?
--
Scout
"Knowing the storm is coming only makes me more nervous."

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
What amazes me is that for some reason you believe the USA is the only
"melting pot" on the planet.