Simple Simon

Default Too much flat calm weather lately.

"katysails" wrote in message ...
Having been both places and sailed both places, I will say this: If one could get rid of winter and keep the sailing weather we
have may through October to the whole year, then that would be the perfect sailing climate. The sub-tropics are nice to visit,
but the cloying, unrelenting heat get to you after a while and the bug factor can't be ignored. And then, if we had the luxury
of a 12 month season here, we would have perfection...no unsightly barnacles eating away at our hulls, no corrosive salt wearing
out sails and canvas...no predatory fish looking for a meal to jump off the boat any moment...and we don't have to fight tide
tables up here, so don't have to schedule our comings and goings around them. (Don't you have horribly huge tides up there in
N.S.?) September and October sailing are always the best on Lake Michigan. The days are warm and the nights are cool. You can
always put on another layer if you're not the hearty type.

The above is the anatomy of a very lazy individual who
demands it her way.

Hey Katysails, my potential sexy soulmate, only at MacDonald's!

I could be close to heaven teaching you and you could be IN
heaven learning from me.

S.Simon.

Real sailors take it as Mother Nature dishes it out.