Scout

Default Too much flat calm weather lately.

have I mentioned my Viking roots?
Scout

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
news
Crap!... to both of your sentiments regarding cold weather sailing being
more comfortable than warm weather sailing. Nothing beats a warm tropical
breeze pressing canvas to glide your vessel over a turquoise blue sea that
is so transparent you can see the bottom at 60 feet. Unencumbered by

excess
clothing and free to enjoy the warmth of the sun while ice cubes crackle

and
hiss in your rum punch. At anchor the water invites you to swim... not

dares
you to enter. As the coolness of the evening approaches and you rinse off
the salt and sweat with a cool evening shower before retiring to the

cockpit
for a sundowner while enjoying the music of the steel drum band on shore
drifting out to your mooring.... I doubt envy is the first thing that
springs to mind when and if you think of sailing up north.

CM

"Scout" wrote in message
| Amen to that Katy. I love sailing in the cold weather. no bugs, no

sweat,
| not too many motorboats, plenty of breeze, hot meals and coffee both

taste
| better, sleeping is more comfortable all snuggled up in a warm sleeping
bag,
| etc.etc.etc. Just don't fall overboard.
| Scout
|

| "katysails" wrote in message
| Hooray, Hooray...By Ocotber that means we'll be once again Neal=free!

And
| while he's been sitting down in the seweltering stink and stench of the
| sub-tropic doldrums, we all up here have been sailing....We had a very
| pleasant night sail alst night...wind at about 8-10 kn....we just ambled
| about a bit until we returned to our mooring...stormy today with a

really