Guy Fawkes

Default [OT] computer viruses - was Is this group about sailing?

paul cooke wrote:

Outgoing mail certified virus-free,scanned by Norton AV2002.

ha ha... certified virus free... what a joke that is... how many times a
day do you have to update your anti-virus sigs???

Can we sue Norton for millions if we receive a virus in a "certified"
message?

it would be nice, but I'm certain their lawyers will have come up with a
cast iron disclaimer...

Microsoft.. the company that made email dangerous...

Are there still people out there using OE?

yes... Mr Pogson is... and so are many, many others.

They must be insane.

nah... just misled into using the default clients... don't realise there
are much better clients out there. And they wouldn't even have to change
OS either.

MS are apparently moving to a subscription strategy... the current IE6 is
the last one, there will be no IE7 but browser functionality built into the
OS (anyone remember 98lite ?) so I guess they are trying to emulate the
functions of konqueror on kde linux, though using a proprietary version of
the tcp stack, and lots of other proprietary code... it isn't looking good.

outlook / express is going the same way, you subscribe for the "proper"
version and only cheapskates on virgin installs use the basic version...
FIIN what advantages the pukka version is supposed to have tho...

as you say, no excuse for windows users not to use something like pegasus
for mail and agent for news...

--
Backbone server http://www.surfbaud.org/
E-mail (rot-13) WO ng FHESONHQ qbg BET