John

Default free ENC marine charts for USA

The free ENC Charts are being developed by NOAA for all U.S. coastal
waters. There is a good FAQ he
http://chartmaker.ncd.noaa.gov/staff/faq.htm#encfaq

Also, the Army Corps of Engineers are making ENC charts (also FREE) of
the Inland waterways (called iENCs, see
http://www.tec.army.mil/echarts/inlandnav/index.html

FUGAWI has a free viewer (you can download from he
http://www.fugawi.com/viewenc/viewenc.html), which is the fastest and
easiest to use ENC viewer I have seen to date. They also have full GPS
navigation software for these charts called FUGAWI Marine ENC
available, see http://www.fugawi.com/docs/navframe.html. This product
also supports traditional raster BSB nautical charts such as Maptech.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
What's your favorite viewer for these charts? On a busy day about a month
ago, I tried one from the list at this site and it was awful. I believe it
was from Seven Cs.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 07:05:00 GMT, "Neophyte"

The gov'mint has already started releasing their next generation of
electronic charts on the internet for free, which is exactly what the
original price should have been.

Do you have a pointer to the location of the charts of which you speak?

;^)

Cheers-thanks.

http://chartmaker.ncd.noaa.gov/mcd/enc/index.htm