Scout

Default I don't know what over came me....

Katy,
It's a tough lot here. I'm not in a traditional high school. Most are
already in trouble with the law by the time I see them, and we're the last
chance for many. There's a lot to like about these kids and I honestly care
a great deal about them, but they're a different breed and each one's a
unique story. Some need a huggin' and some need a sluggin' The kid I
referred to in my last post knew I was risking my job by speaking so plainly
with him, and he said so, along with apologizing and thanking me for caring
enough to take that risk. It was a gamble but I don't think he would have
heard anything else.
Although I'd never actually hit a student outside of self-defense, some of
them need to see a sign that I'm not, as PJR so eloquently put it, Mr.
Bow-Tie, lol! 20+ years in construction has not gone to waste.
Scout

"katysails" wrote
We have tamer kids here...mostly farmboys...