Calif Bill

Default My alt. belt breaks alot Help please

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

link.net...
"Gould 0738" wrote in message
How's the tension. Properly adjusted?

It is the pulley's. My 351 was also going through belts. The 351 is a
marine engine from Ford and Red Line Marine in Lewiston, ID is a parts
distributor. The pulleys are only one the marine engine. Red Line

ships,
the pulleys are not cheap. Pull the pulley's and check the numbers on

them.
They are stamped in to the metal.
Bill

Tell us, Bill, how are you 100% sure it's the pulleys, and all of
them? Could it not be just ONE pulley with a burr on it, or worn so
that it's not true anymore? Could it not be that one or more pulleys
are out of alignment with the others? Could it be that the harmonic
balancer is not aligned properly, thus allowing the crankshaft pulley
to run eccentric?

Because I had the same exact problem last year. Checked all the wrecking
yards for pulleys. Called the marineizer for the engine, and they sent me
to Red Line as the Ford authorized supplier. Changed the pulleys on the
harmonic balancer and the water pump with pulleys from Red Line, and the
alternator pulley with a pulley from the local parts house. Red Line said
they are industrial engines and the pulleys are only found on them. No
problems since. Since I, unlike you, have a brain. I know what the problem
is!