Simple Simon

Default Is this group about sailing?

Katy,

You're being more mean and unreasonable than usual.

How come? Is it that 'time of the month', dear? I forgive
you, young lady.

The manhole cover frames were given to me. I helped
jackhammer them out of the concrete because the
vaults and pipes they gave access to were being
abandoned.

The water company would've had to pay by the pound
to drop them off at the dump so they were more than
happy to have me take them off their hands. They're
ideal for making a mooring. They can be rolled, as heavy
as they are, by one person onto an Avon topped with
plywood and ferried out to the mooring site where they
can be dumped. They're clean and do not pollute the
water with oil like an old engine block can. They're
heavy enough to hold even an ugly slug of a boat like
a Kirie Elite, for example. Renewing the chain is easy.
They lay flat and sink into the mud for huge holding
power and no harm to bottom life.

Please reconsider my invitation. Sooner or later you
will need me again like you used to.

S.Simon

"katysails" wrote in message ...
Why not come down this winter ...no thanks...last time I was down to Florida was 4 years ago to move Mom back up here...and that was
to St. Pete....They've enver heard of you there, either...and as for the manhole covers, the reason you use them is because they
were easy to steal off some city street....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse