Harry Krause

Default OT congrats, Calif.

"basskisser" wrote in message
m...
You have a new governor. No matter that he has little education, knows
nothing about politics, has never studied political science, or law,
he's a Republican, and that's all that counts, right?!!

Arnold is NOT the kind of lockjawed Republican the neo-con-victs wanted.
Obviously, he's quite liberal socially, and his positions indicate he's a
fiscal moderate. In other words, he's a throwback to the moderate to liberal
Republicans of the 1960s and 1970s, before that party went nutso.

Remember, it was Richard Nixon who gave us wage-price controls and who
opened the door to the PRC. And while he was a "conservative" for those
days, by his party's standards today, he'd be considered a dirty commie
pinko.

I would have preferred that the Democrats kept the California statehouse,
but I don't have any serious issues with Arnold as a politician. Not yet. I
respect him as a self-made man of accomplishment and in his serious moments,
he seems bright enough. He's certainly more capable and smarter than, say,
George W. Bush.

The people of California made a choice, and now it is up to Arnold to work
with the Democrats and do what he can to help resolve that state's issues. I
hope he is successful.