JohnH

Default OT - Where is the lie? (especially for jcs)

On 17 Jul 2003 18:23:23 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

Bush stated: "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein
recently
sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." This statement was a
true
statement. The fact that the British government had information proved to be
inaccurate does not make Bush's statement a lie. The statement

The fact that the Bush administration believed the information to be a lie
prior to the SOTU speech cannot be overlooked!

If you said, "I have just learned that the world is flat" and I repeat "John
has learned that the world is flat, and we should therefore pursue the
following policies".....it is technically true that I haven't lied, only
endorsed a statement made by a third party- but a statement that I know is not
at all accurate. No signficant moral difference between telling a lie myself
and letting somebody else lie for me. Same standards should apply to the
president. Sorry.

Surely you have some proof that the Bush administration believed the information
to be a LIE.
John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD