James Johnson

Default Bye bye Democrat Party.

I have yet to find Doug posting incorrect scientific/technical matter. Most
people have a very poor understanding of how the world works at a engineering
level.
Before I became a programmer I spent 8 yrs courtesy of Uncle Sam on a variety of
vessels as a Machinist Mate/Engine Room Supervisor (engine room/steam
turbine/pump operator/maintenance tech), Mechanical Systems Operator (through
nuclear reactors and their support systems into the mix) and Lead Engineering
Laboratory Tech (water chemistry and radiological controls added)

I then spent 20 years doing similar things at a variety of commercial power
plants. One of the most dangerous things there was an engineer with a little
experience. They were convinced that they knew all the answers and constantly
misapplied the theory they learned in school. Older engineers generally had
such nonsense knocked out of them (unless they were bucking for management in
which case they always maintained the world had to match their beliefs because
otherwise they wouldn't get their promotion).

Heat transfer, fluid flow, and thermodynamics as applied to large
generation/industrial installations is a very, very complex subject. And many
times the most subtle and obscure principles have significant effects that are
surprising to those who work outside the field.

JJ

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:59:42 -0400, DSK wrote:

What kind of boat do you sail, again?

Vito wrote:
Catalina 30

Good, at least some tiny bit of your post makes sense & is on topic.

Vito wrote:

Which means that electric cars make more pollution, they just do it out
of town.

No, electric cars cause less pollution overall because even the dirtiest
fossil fuel electric generating plant is cleaner than car exhaust.

You said to tell you when you were wrong, here's one more... getting to be a
pretty long list, eh? Challenging the Crapton's batting average?

DSK

James Johnson
remove the "dot" from after sail in email address to reply