Simple Simon

Default Pneuma's New Main

A shelf foot is much better because it controls the
tip vortex better and has the extra added advantage
of being a good way to collect rain water while under
way.

Poor Old Thom managed to overlook an important
feature. My old worn out North main is probably
just as efficient as Thom's new one.

S.Simon

"Pony Express" wrote in message ...
The loose foot is nice in light air, especially since they tend to cut
things flatter these days.
Did North build that sail in Sri Lanka?
--
----
Steve

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
My Friend,

The folding Prop didn't come cheap but was only less than a third of the
new main

Also, getting use to the free footed main. I like having the draw
string on the foot of the main. A lot more shaping ease.

Don't have as much Roach as I had on the old UK Main but I have a good
stable leech, Open but stable. Very little take up necessary on the
leech string.

The full battens are a huge improvement over my old ones. The leech ends
pocket flaps are tucked into the pockets leaveing a much cleaner
leech.. Velco on the inside of pockets

Reef points and cunningham workmanship outstanding. Same for the
corners. North builds a nice sail

Ole Thom